Poor communities in India do not have access:
- To clean drinking water and sanitation
- To any credit or capital
- To training and literacy
Our goal is to alleviate poverty in the slums and villages of Gujarat (and Western India) by providing low-interest micro loans to the poor so they can build sustainable businesses.
- We work with federations (official communities) of women and men who share a common goal of wanting to become self-sufficient.
- Together we implement training of hygiene, financial literacy, savings, entrepreneurship skills and mentoring to ensure sustainable businesses.
- We call donations investments because when loans have been repaid, all monies are recycled to help create even more loans for more entrepreneurs.
We do this by focussing on:
- Water, Health, Sanitation: Alleviate illnesses such as malaria, dengue fever and construct eco-sanitation toilets
- Microfinance and livelihoods: Provide loans at a low interest rate all of which is recycled in the community
- Sustainable businesses: Enable artisans to sell their items online so they can scale their small businesses
Entrepreneurship: Helping the poorest of the poor with a $30 investment
We provide low-interest micro loans to the poorest of the poor in slums and villages in Gujarat, India. Online investments for as little as $30 help poor entrepreneurs create new businesses, which in turn, help improve the living conditions for their families. We call donations investments because when loans have been repaid, all monies are recycled to help create even more loans for more entrepreneurs. By investing as little as $30, you help bring many entrepreneurs and families out of poverty over many years to come. We provide mentoring, training, attention to health care issues and funds to build sustainable businesses.
We are currently adapting our model to meet the needs of the muslim men and women in the slums by providing Shariah compliant microfinance loans.
Let’s alleviate poverty through microfinance!
We are in the process of building a new website. In the meantime you can learn more about the team and make online “investments” here.